The PXA270M and PXA270 based product lines are being discontinued, due to termination of the key chips production used for their assembly.
The following products and their customized configurations will be discontinued after January 31, 2012:
• PXA270M DIMM PC - Development Kit Max
• PXA270M DIMM PC - Development Kit Pro
• PXA270M DIMM PC - Development Kit Basic
• PXA270 DIMM PC - Development Kit Max
• PXA270 DIMM PC - Development Kit Pro
• PXA270 DIMM PC - Development Kit Basic
• PXA270M DIMM Module Max
• PXA270M DIMM Module Pro
• PXA270M DIMM Module Basic
• PXA270 DIMM Module Max
• PXA270 DIMM Module Pro
• PXA270 DIMM Module Basic
• PXA270 DIMM Base Board
Discontinued chips used for PXA270M and PXA270 DIMM Modules manufacturing:
• PXA270 CPU (NHPXA270C5C520, Intel, LTB: December 31, 2010)
• OneNAND Flash (KFG1216U2B-DIB6000, Samsung, LTB: Q3, 2010)
• SDRAM (K4S511633F-PL75, Samsung, LTB: March 31, 2008)
• Audio/touch screen (UCB1400BE, NXP, LTB: July 21, 2010)
Estimated LTB (Last Time Buy) for the EOL (End Of Life) products: January 31, 2012
Estimated LTS (Last Time Ship) for the EOL (End Of Life) products: March 31, 2012
Due to significant price increase of the discontinued chips used for the for PXA270M and PXA270 DIMM Modules assembly, all orders for the affected EOL products placed after August 31, 2011 will be subject to 8% per item surcharge.
Please provide forecast of your demand for the above parts or their customized configurations for the second half of 2011, so that we can plan our critical components purchasing accordingly to avoid further price and lead time increase.
Voipac offers component stocking service, enabling the continuation of modules manufacturing even after their EOL date. Voipac will stock discontinued components required for manufacturing in its facilities. Due to concerns regarding storage quality, Voipac will not accept any EOL or other components for manufacturing, which have not been stored in its facilities. The stocking service is free, please contact us for further details.
We strongly advise all customers using the above specified products to convert current designs to:
• i.MX51 SODIMM Module
• i.MX25 SODIMM Module
that are not pin compatible replacements for PXA270/M DIMM Modules, but offer wider performance range, 10-year lifecycle, and considerably better pricing for comparable configurations.